We are proud to have been awarded the Visit England 'COVID Secure' and AA 'COVID Confident' industry standards, demonstrating our commitment to the Government COVID Secure guidelines.
We want your stay at The Cleveland to be as relaxing and enjoyable as it always has been. However, some elements of our service and offer are going to be different.
Below we have outlined the key areas of our COVID Secure policies and procedures to ensure we comply with all Government guidelines.
We want to give you a 'flavour' of what will be different when you stay with us.
The safety of our guests, our family and the wider community is our priority.
All key areas below are subject to update and change at any time, should Government advice change.
Our full COVID19 risk assessment and method statement can be found HERE
Anyone who meets any of the following criteria SHOULD NOT travel to The Cleveland:
- Has a high temperature or a new persistent cough or a loss of taste and/or smell - follow the guidance on self-isolation
- Has knowingly come into contact with someone with any of the above symptoms within the last 14 days
- Is living with someone in self-isolation or should be self isolating themselves
If you have any reason to believe you will be unable to stay with us for any of the above reasons, you should contact us immediately on 01803 297522 to discuss revising your booking with us.
If you have to revise your booking within 5 days of arrival, we reserve the right to request a copy of your COVID19 test results (positive or negative) before transferring your reservation.
Should a guest arrive presenting symptoms of COVID19 they will not be allowed to enter the premises and will be requested to return home immediately to follow the self-isolation procedure, as detailed by the Government.
• Social distancing will be maintained, where possible, throughout the building
• We kindly ask all of our guests to be mindful and courteous to other guests, whilst on the premises, and to observe our directions at all times
Hand sanitiser is available at strategic points throughout the premises;
• At the front door
• In the hallway for use when entering the breakfast room or guest lounge
• At the back door for use when coming back into the premises from the garden
We kindly request that all guests use these facilities at all times whilst on the premises.
Lissanne & Matt will be available to greet you personally on arrival, from a sociable distance of course!
• Check in times will be staggered, where possible, to avoid bottlenecks
• Check in forms will be completed online, prior to arrival
• Payment will be taken in full, prior to arrival
• Social distancing will be maintained at all times during check in
We have had to make some small changes to our bedrooms and the service that we offer to comply with legislation.
• All ‘non-essential’ items have been removed from our bedrooms to avoid cross contamination
• Room information, local information, restaurant suggestions etc is all available online in our Guidebook
• We will be able to provide leaflets, personal suggestions etc on request
• To minimise personal contact, we will not service your room during your stay, unless absolutely necessary
• Should we have to enter a guest bedroom at any time during your stay, this will only be done when you are out, to minimise contact
• Additional room supplies such as towels, toilet rolls etc will be provided on request
Our award winning breakfast will still be as exceptional as it always has been. However, we have had to make some small changes to our style of service to comply with guidelines.
• Breakfast times are being staggered, to ensure social distancing can be maintained
• Breakfast times are; 08:15 – 09:00; 09:15 – 10:00
• Breakfast is pre-ordered by 9pm the prior evening, to ensure a smooth and timely breakfast service
• Hand sanitiser must be used before entering the breakfast room
• Guests must vacate the breakfast room at the end of their breakfast to ensure the smooth flow of service and to comply with social distancing requirements
• During breakfast service, where social distancing cannot be maintained, we will wear the appropriate PPE and follow hand washing protocols at all times
• There will be no breakfast buffet available to guests. All items will be served by us, from the kitchen
• After the guests have vacated the tables, all items, such as menus and salt & pepper, will be sanitised. All tablecloths will be removed and replaced
Guest lounge / bar
Our beautiful guest lounge and bar are still available for our guests to use.
• To comply with social distancing, guests can use the two separate seating areas
• If additional seating is required, we will open the front area of the breakfast room, allowing for two additional tables
• Hand sanitiser must be used before entering the lounge
• Guests will ring the bar bell for service and step back to allow for social distancing between us and them
• We will use hand sanitiser before serving the guests drinks
• Guest drinks will be left on the bar for the guests to collect once we have stepped back to maintain social distancing
• When the guests have left the lounge, tables, coasters etc will be sanitised
• Contactless methods of payment will be encouraged to reduce the handling of cash
Our glorious south-facing garden and terrace are the perfect place to enjoy a socially-distanced drink, away from the crowds.
• Separate seating areas are available for guests to use to allow for social distancing
• Hand sanitiser is available at the back door to be used before re-entering the premises
• We have enhanced our already meticulous cleaning standards in line with Government Guidelines
• On guests departure, we will follow all of the relevant Government guidelines to ensure the room is ready and safe for the next guests arrival
• All touch points in guest bedrooms will be identified and appropriately sanitised
• All soft furnishings will be spayed with an appropriate sanitiser
• All laundry, including pillow protectors etc, will be washed on a high temperature or sent to our laundry provider for washing
• All touch points in communal areas, such as front door handle, stair banister etc, will be identified and sanitised regularly throughout the day
Displaying COVID19 symptoms
Should a guest begin to present with any of the recognised COVID19 symptoms whilst staying at The Cleveland, they should;
• Inform us immediately by phoning 01803 297522
• Stay in their room until further advise is given
• Anyone else in their group must also stay in their room
Suspected COVID19 cases and guest self-isolation
If a guest presents themselves with symptoms of COVID-19 or is asymptomatic but declares the need to self- isolate, they should inform us, check out immediately and return home to request a test and self-isolate according to current government guidance.
They should use private transport but only drive themselves if they can do so safely.
If a guest cannot reasonably return home (for example because they are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority.
If a guest cannot return home, they will be liable for ALL COSTS including, but not limited to; any additional nights stay, relocation of other guests booked into the room that they are occupying, all food and beverage costs, any labour costs associated with providing additional services.